Butternut spinach potatos and sausages
This is the first meal cooked in the new van. I’ll be making : butternut spinach potatos and sausages. It’s a colorfull dish with seasonal vegetables. This could be made on a one burner stove if the potatos are precooked.
Pepper and salt
- First of start with removing the dirt from the new potatos and cut them in half. Preboil the potatos for about 12 minutes, just before they are completely cooked.
- While the potatos are boiling we can cut our vegetables and get the ingredients ready to be used.
- Peel and clean the red onion and the garlic. The red onion is diced up. The garlic is crushed with a knife and chopped finely. Put these aside in a bowl or on a plate for later usage.
- The butternut pumpkin is sliced in to quarters, the seeds and skin removed. Next we slice the quarters lenghtwise and make cubes of about 2 X 2 cm from the pumpkin flesh.
- Get the potatos from the stove, remove the water and set aside for a moment.
- Take a big pan or pot preferably with a lid.
- Add some butter to the pot and let it melt on a medium fire.
- Once the butter is melted add the onion and garlic, stirr around regulary to don’t let it burn.
- After a few minutes you can add the cubes of butternut pumpkin.
- If needed ad a little more butter, stirr around regular and put on the lid. This should simmer for around 12-15 minutes.
- Next take the sausages and cut them in to smaller pieces. I add those in the pot with the red onions garlic and pumpkin.
- Stirr it around another 4-5 minutes.
- Now we add the spinach and a slice of butter, put on the lid for a min or Two, turn around the mixture in the pot add salt and pepper to taste.
5 more minutes of simmering and you can enjoy your meal.
Thank you for visiting the website
More recipes in the new van will be comming soon. Hopefully ill be full timing again by the end of the month. Some of my older post in the previous van :