Warm Mediterranean salad (Vegan)
Ingredients for two :
⦁ 1 can of chickpeas
⦁ ½ a medium aubergine (cut into strips)
⦁ 1 red onion (cut in slices)⦁ 200g cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
⦁ 2 cups of spinach⦁ Oil for frying
⦁ Pinch of salt (to taste)
⦁ 1 tsp dried parsley
⦁ 1 tbsp stock powder
⦁ 1 tbsp garlic powder
⦁ 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
⦁ 1 tsp syrup (e.g. agave)
⦁ 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
By Grace Greenish from Vegin’ Out and About
- Heat some oil in a frying pan on medium heat and gently fry the onion, aubergine and tomatoes.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan
- Add the stock powder and half a cup of water, then leave to simmer for 5 minutes, stir it around regulary.
- Add the parsley, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar and syrup to the pan and let simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and add the spinach to the pan, stir the leaves into the mixture.
- Serve and top with the fresh parsley.
Tip: If you like a heartier meal, this is great served with flatbread!
Vegin' Out & About
We’re Grace and Tom from Vegin’ Out & About. We’ve been through a huge change within the last year. This time last year, we both had very busy lives and were teaching full time. We realised that we wanted more from life and we wanted to be spending our time doing the things we love; so we decided to quit our jobs, pack up and move into a van to travel Europe. We now have our van- Fran- and have been travelling around the continent for the past 3 months. We are both vegan and Grace has always loved cooking. For everyone thats interested in more of our stories, recipes, vanlife tips and more check out our YouTube below
Want to submit your own recipe?
Thank you for visiting the website
More recipes in the new van will be comming soon. Hopefully ill be full timing again by the end of the month. Some of my older post in the previous van :